HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
These are the main ways we collect your information:
- If you contact us directly via our websites or via our customer hotlines to request information about our products and services
- If you buy a product or service directly from us .
- If you reply to our direct marketing campaigns.
- If your vehicle data (incl. vehicle identification number) is transferred to Caledon Motors while you’re having your vehicle is serviced or repaired.
- If we acquired your personal data from other sources with your permission.
- When you apply for finance from Caledon Motors.
WHAT INFORMATION MAY BE COLLECTED ABOUT YOU.
The following types of personal information about you may be collected:
- Phone numbers
- Email address
- Information you provide us about your interests
- Including the type of vehicles you are interested in
Website and Communication Usage
- How you use our website and whether you open or forward our communications, including information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
Sales and Services Information
- Relating to purchases and services, including complaints and claims.
Credit and Anti-Fraud Information
- Which establishes your identity, such as driving licences, passports and utility bills
- Fraud, offences, suspicious transactions, politically exposed person and sanctions lists where your details are included.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE USED.
Use of personal information under EU data protection laws must be justified under one of a number of legal grounds and we are required to set out the grounds in respect of each use in this policy.The main uses of your information are:
Customer Support and Marketing – to respond to enquiries and to bring you news and offers. Caledon Motors use your personal data for customer care and for personalised communication of Caledon Motors product and service information, where necessary with your consent.
Vehicle Sales & service to process your sale, configure and service your vehicle. Caledon Motors will obtain Contact Details, Vehicle Configuration Details, Vehicle Technical Information and Sales and Services Information when you purchase, service or repair a vehicle from or with them as part of the sale or service and will use it to provide the services you request and notify you of issues in relation to your vehicle.
Compliance with legal requests for your information – to comply with our legal obligations to law enforcement, regulators and the court service.
We may be legally required to provide your information to law enforcement agencies, regulators and courts and third party litigants in connection with proceedings or investigations anywhere in the world. Where permitted, we will direct any such request to you or notify you before responding unless to do so would prejudice the prevention or detection of a crime.
Legal grounds for processing of your personal information.
The use of your information set out above is permitted under EU data protection law on the basis of these principal legal grounds:
- where you have consented to the use (you will have been presented with a consent form in relation to any such use and may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting Caledon Motors on +353 894 376 600, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org where necessary to enter into or perform our contract with you
- where we need to use it to comply with our legal obligations
- where we use it to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights (our legitimate interests include promoting the Caledon Motors business and tailoring news and offers to your profile, research and development of vehicle related products and services, assessing your credit-worthiness, detecting fraud and criminal activities)
- where necessary for us to defend, prosecute or make a claim against you, us or a third party.
There may be uses that are permitted on the basis of other grounds; where this is the case we will use reasonable endeavours to identify the ground and communicate it you as soon as possible after becoming aware of the new basis.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SAFE.
We use a variety of security measures, including encryption and authentication tools, to help protect and maintain security, integrity and availability of your information.Although data transmission over the Internet or website cannot be guaranteed to be secure, we and our business partners work hard to maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information in accordance with applicable data protection requirements. Our main security measures are:
- Tightly restricted personal access to your data on a ‘need to know’ basis and for the communicated purpose only
- Firewalled IT systems to prohibit unauthorised access e.g. from hackers
- Permanently monitored access to IT systems to detect and stop misuse of personal data.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR.
We retain your information only as long as is necessary for the purpose for which we obtained them and any other permitted linked purposes. If information is used for two purposes we will retain it until the purpose with the latest period expires; but we will stop using it for the purpose with a shorter period once that period expires.We restrict access to your information to only those persons who need to use it for the relevant purpose.Our retention periods are based on business needs and your information that is no longer needed is either irreversibly anonymised or destroyed securely.
Use for marketing: We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary, but only for the relevant purpose that we collected it for. You retain the right to remove this consent at any point.
Use to perform a contract: In relation to your information used to perform any contractual obligation with you we may retain that data whilst the contract remains in force plus one year to deal with any queries or claims thereafter.
Where claims are contemplated: In relation to any information where we reasonably believe it will be necessary to defend or prosecute or make a claim against you, us or a third party, we may retain that data for as long as that claim could be pursued.
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR PRIVACY PREFERENCES.
You can change your preferences, or withdraw your consent in relation to how Caledon Motors use your personal information in one of the following ways:
- You can request information about your data stored at Caledon Motors as well as request the correction, deletion or restriction of your personal data for analytics and/or marketing use.
- By contacting Caledon Motors on +353 894 376 600 Or by sending an email to email@example.com
If you have any questions in relation to our use of your information you should first contact Caledon Motors in one of the following ways:
- Call +353 894 376 600.
- Or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Under certain conditions you have the right to require us to:
- Provide you with further detail on the use we make of your information
- Provide you with a copy of your information
- Update any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you
- Delete any information about you that we no longer have a lawful ground to use.
- Remove you from any direct marketing lists when you object or withdraw your consent.
- Provide you with your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability)
- Restrict our use of your personal information
Your exercise of these rights is subject to certain exemptions to safeguard the public interest (e.g. the prevention or detection of crime), our interests (e.g. the maintenance of legal privilege) and the rights of third parties. .